Saturday, November 26, 2011

Taiwan 2011: Hope Hotel

Being the budget-conscious traveller that I was, a good and cheap place to stay at was naturally high up on my list. So I did some research to find out what are some of the nice hotels that wouldn't break the bank. XD

Upon some diligent researching, I stumbled upon this blog by Ash Woo. Having read in her comments that Hope Hotel was highly recommended by her sister, I decided to take the plunge and reserve a room for my Taiwan stay.  

Hope Hotel
Website: http://100hopehotel.emmm.tw/?ptype=tra
Address: No.72 Zhong Xiao West Road, (Sector 1), 4th Floor, Taipei, Taiwan
Email: morris.yang[at]msa.hinet.net (can email in English)

A rare occurrence of blue skies from
the Mcdonald's near Hope Hotel
Review: Well, I gotta say that I didn't make the wrong choice thanks to Ms Woo's sister! XD It's very close to Taipei Main Station, railway stations, bus terminals and the metro underground mall. Although it has no breakfast provided, the problem is easily solved by its close proximity to eating places like McDonald's. The building looks dilapidated from the outside but the 4th level where the hotel is located is nicely done up in pink and the staff are friendly. Rooms are well-cleaned daily and come with free wi-fi as well as cable tv. Even if you didn't bring your laptop along, you can still use the computer outside at the front desk for 15 minutes or so. All in all, an extremely pleasant experience that I will never forget. Will definitely return to this hotel to stay should I ever go to Taiwan again. I didn't manage to take any photo of the hotel but check out the ones already taken at TripAdvisor here.

How to get there: Take the Kuokuang shuttle bus or CitiAir bus from Taoyuan Airport and alight in front of the Taipei Railway Station. You can purchase the tickets from a counter at the airport. The hotel will provide you with the bus route so you'll know which stop to alight at. If you're going there for the first time, my advice is to navigate your way overland instead of through the metro underground mall. There are lots of stairs in the mall and could make carrying your luggage tricky. Simply make your way to Zhong Xiao West Road (a traffic T-junction) and follow the road which is beside the train station. You should be able to see Hope Hotel (or 全家歡商務旅店 ) from a distance. Check out TripAdvisor for the photos of its exterior but don't be too alarmed by its appearance. It has two entrances: the one closer to the main road takes you to the "back door" but you can still walk through the pink corridor to get to the front desk whereas the inner entrance takes you directly to the front desk.

If you're thinking of staying a night or two in an alternative location such as Jiufen, you can still leave your luggage with Hope Hotel at no charge. They have a storage room for such a purpose.

How to book: You can visit their website and leave a message there or email them with your name, number of guests, number of days you'll be staying, dates of stay and the type of room you prefer. The hotel will then email you the necessary credit card form to authorize the deposit payment and maps to get there. A 50% deposit is required and Paypal is not accepted.

Hotel amenities provided: Yes

Rating: *****

Conclusion: I love this place! Highly recommended for its fantastic value and location if you're budget-conscious traveller like moi.

2 comments:

  1. oh my, oh my, now only I know that you have linked my blog here! Thank you so much, Lilian. And I'm glad that my sisters didn't recommend it wrongly. Glad that you had fun in Taiwan.

    Reading your posts here makes me miss Taiwan so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi! Oh, no problem. I really gotta thank you for that piece of very important information. Hehe. And thanks for visiting my blog! <3

      Delete