Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Review: Namba Oriental Hotel (Japan, Osaka)

Booking a hotel has got to be one of my most favourite things to do when planning a trip. I'm not much of a hostel/AirBnB person so I often turn to hotels to provide accommodation. In this review, I'm gonna talk about Namba Oriental Hotel that's located in Osaka where I travelled to on my last vacation.

First off, its address:

2-8-17, Sennichi-Mae, Chuo-Ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka 542-0074, Japan



I gotta say I'm really pleased with my choice this time because:
  1. the room was more spacious than I expected, it even had a sofa where my husband happily napped on from time to time
  2. close to railways and MRTs like Namba Station
  3. smack in the middle of a shopping district and walking distance to Dōtonbori
  4. near to food places (there were many restaurants just downstairs) and Kuromon Ichiba Market
  5. walking distance from a limousine bus service that you can take from the Itami airport 
  6. quite clean and tranquil 
  7. beautiful water fountain for Instagrammable moments
  8. not very important but it had an ice machine that we could get ice from when I hurt my foot
What I didn't quite like:
  1. the lift we took to go to the lift lobby was a little smokey, probably due to the Pachinko arcade that was located in the same building on a lower floor
  2. it didn't have a safe to keep our valuables
  3. no cable channel that we could watch, you had to purchase a movie card for 1200 yen in order to access additional content
  4. WiFi was a little slow so I resorted to using my own WiFi egg for Internet access
  5. sometimes the chambermaids forget to clear an ice bucket or replenish our toothbrushes, but not a biggie...
But other than that, the hotel was pretty great. Wouldn't mind staying at it again next time. Here are a few pictures I took of the hotel and room:












Review: Our stay at this hotel was extremely pleasant. I loved its central location and proximity to shopping districts, food places and transportation. It's A LOT OF WALKING but still considered quite close. The lift heading up to the hotel lobby was a little smoky due to a Pachinko arcade on a lower floor. Wouldn't mind staying at this hotel again. The front desk and chambermaids were all very friendly, and it's surprisingly tranquil despite being located in the middle of a shopping district. I also LOVE the fact that the shopping district is sheltered so you never have to worry about unpredictable weather! 

No comments:

Post a Comment